If you’ve got a Samsung Galaxy S5 screen that’s been damaged or just doesn’t seem to be working like it should, then you may need to have it replaced. Screen replacement can be a really tricky business and if it’s not done well, it may lead to further damage to your device. That’s why, if you choose to do the replacement yourself, you’ll need to have a detailed knowledge about how to get it done. Here’s a guide below.
- Turn your phone off, then carefully remove your back plate and your battery.
- Next, you need to remove your SIM card and microSD card.
- Open up the mid-frame connector panel and then pry up the home button connector cable.
- Heat up on the front face of the phone, with a heat gun or a blow dryer. Remember to set it to the lowest setting and move it around in circular motions, so that you can melt the adhesives that hold the glass in place. Try not to heat it up too much or else you’re going to damage the digitizer.
- Use a plastic spudger to separate the glass from the phone. Do this gently and try to loosen the connector cables stuck there as well.
- After you’ve separated the edges, place the plastic pics in them to keep them separated. Slowly and carefully separate the glass further, so that you don’t break the glass.
- Before you completely lift the glass off, remove your two touch buttons at the bottom of the phone, so that you don’t lose it.
- Now, gently use a lens cleaner and a lint-free cloth to clean the adhesive residue on the digitizer.
- Around the edges of the device, use LOCA glue or new adhesive and gently place the new glass on it.
- You can now put the SIM card and the battery back in place and turn your phone on.
If you are looking to repair your smart phone in Ottawa or unlock your phone then give us a call as we are Ottawa’s preferred cell phone repair shop with a complete inventory of cell phone parts and accessories to get your wireless phone fixed asap and have you back talking, texting, and using your phone in no time.